Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! So its time to get baking, for the love of cake! Feast your eyes on these inspirational cakes, we have 10 totally amazing Valentine’s cake ideas for you to pick from! It’s a day to celebrate love and what better way to do that than to shower everyone you love in cake?
1. Combine a bouquet and cake together and you get this masterpiece! This cake is so stunning that you can literally stare at it all day long. The buttercream rosebud design at the top makes you want to dig in right away. Get practising piping roses or head to Williams Sonoma to buy one.
2. A cake that says ‘eat me’? Yes, please! And to top it off, the ombre roses are absolutely gorgeous. This cake will really get you in the Valentine spirit.
From Kara's Black and Gold Valentine's Day Party.
3. ‘I love you more than cake’. That is actually saying a lot! This cartoon like fondant cake, can be made to share with partners and friends, the pink polkadot base is adorable. Photo from Isa Herzog.
4. They say life is like a box of chocolates.... Who wouldn’t like to get a box full on Valentine’s Day, even better, this one is a cake too! This heart shaped candy box cake is our favourite cake idea among all the rest. It’ll make you fall in love all over again. Get the tutorial by Cake Girls here.
5. Soft pastel blue fondant cake with pretty gumpaste pink roses, make this sweet cake suitable for a Christening and Valentine's Day. We are in love with the colour combination. This beauty is by Louise at the Cake Journal.
6. Heart shaped Valentine's Day cakes are a classic. This baby pink one with white detailing has managed to steal our heart! And those Cath Kidston inspired roses on top? They are utter perfection. Cake from Elizabeth's Cake Emporium.
7. You don't need to spend hours frosting and smoothing fondant, with this gorgeous red velvet cake in a jar. This is such fun and fresh idea for Valentine’s Day! Forget the simple looking red velvet cake when you can actually make it look more appealing by filling up in a jar, get the recipe here by Sugar Hero.
8. Bake your favourite mini chocolate cakes and then get busy with red card and a heart shaped hole puncher. The results will be like this pretty red cupcake liners by Consumer Crafts, be sure to cover the cakes in sugar and sprinkles.
9. It wouldn't be Valentine's Day without something getting naked, so in true fashion of the day, here is a naked red velvet and strawberry shortcake layered delight. This four layer fruity delight is by I am Baker.
10. What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day then with a cake that says ‘love’ all over it? As simple as this cake looks, you'll need a steady hand, edible ink pen and lots of pretty pink heart sprinkles. Design by Cake Whiz.
Check out our Valentine's Day section on the shop: